Good health begins with attitude and awareness

Opinion May 30, 2015 by Tanya Fraser Norfolk News

I can and I will. Watch me.

I can and I will. Watch me.

This is a mantra I get many of my clients to begin saying – well, not only saying, but believing.

Hey, how’s it going? I would like to introduce myself. I’m Tanya Fraser, a registered holistic nutritionist (RHN) and a personal trainer, and I’m located right here in Norfolk (I’m a newbie actually, arrived here less than a year ago).

I just love food, nutrition, wellness, food, health and food. Yes, my name is Tanya Fraser and I’m a foodie!

My passion is sharing my knowledge about healthy living, giving you hope for something better; to support, motivate and sometimes give you the arse kicking you need to get your health back on track. (And yes, I said arse. I’m originally from Ireland, I can get away with it.)

I’m a true believer in attitude, the law of attraction, karma, whatever you want to call it. What you put out into the world, you will get back. It’s really that simple – 90 per cent of the time. The other 10 per cent is luck.

Henry Ford has been quoted as saying, “Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t, you’re right.” I just love that. If you immediately tell yourself you can’t do something, or it’s too hard, or you don’t know how, then you are 100 per cent right: you’ll never do it, it is too hard and you’ll never find a way.

But the moment you tell yourself, “Yes, I can and I will, watch me,” the doors of possibilities, dreams and goals swing wide open.

Let me bring it back to health. I repeat this over and over on my podcast and I will probably repeat this in my columns: you and only you are responsible for your own health and happiness. It is no one’s responsibility but yours.

If you put that responsibility onto anyone else, then you are setting yourself up for the opposite to happen: you won’t have great health and you won’t be happy.

Do you want better health? Then it all begins with your attitude and awareness.

First, you have to be aware of your mindset. Are you positive or negative? Is your language towards others and yourself negative or positive?

Next, you switch your attitude. Instead of complaining, start being grateful for the big and small things in your life. If you are reading this, then you woke up this morning. And that’s pretty amazing, because there are many people in this world who didn’t.

Right now, you’ve been given another day to do something incredible with your life. Don’t waste it.

One last thing: nothing happens until you and only you take action. You must take that first step towards change. Your action step this week is to start listening to how you talk to yourself and others. For every negative thing you say or think, you must follow it with something positive.

Example: you look in the mirror and you immediately say “I hate the way my nose looks.” Stop. Look at yourself and then say one thing you do love about yourself.

I can and I will. Watch me.

Tanya Fraser, RHN is your local holistic nutritionist and personal trainer who has a No. 1 health podcast on iTunes. Visit Tanya at her virtual home at tanyafraser.ca and say hello.

Good health begins with attitude and awareness

Opinion May 30, 2015 by Tanya Fraser Norfolk News

I can and I will. Watch me.

I can and I will. Watch me.

This is a mantra I get many of my clients to begin saying – well, not only saying, but believing.

Hey, how’s it going? I would like to introduce myself. I’m Tanya Fraser, a registered holistic nutritionist (RHN) and a personal trainer, and I’m located right here in Norfolk (I’m a newbie actually, arrived here less than a year ago).

I just love food, nutrition, wellness, food, health and food. Yes, my name is Tanya Fraser and I’m a foodie!

My passion is sharing my knowledge about healthy living, giving you hope for something better; to support, motivate and sometimes give you the arse kicking you need to get your health back on track. (And yes, I said arse. I’m originally from Ireland, I can get away with it.)

I’m a true believer in attitude, the law of attraction, karma, whatever you want to call it. What you put out into the world, you will get back. It’s really that simple – 90 per cent of the time. The other 10 per cent is luck.

Henry Ford has been quoted as saying, “Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t, you’re right.” I just love that. If you immediately tell yourself you can’t do something, or it’s too hard, or you don’t know how, then you are 100 per cent right: you’ll never do it, it is too hard and you’ll never find a way.

But the moment you tell yourself, “Yes, I can and I will, watch me,” the doors of possibilities, dreams and goals swing wide open.

Let me bring it back to health. I repeat this over and over on my podcast and I will probably repeat this in my columns: you and only you are responsible for your own health and happiness. It is no one’s responsibility but yours.

If you put that responsibility onto anyone else, then you are setting yourself up for the opposite to happen: you won’t have great health and you won’t be happy.

Do you want better health? Then it all begins with your attitude and awareness.

First, you have to be aware of your mindset. Are you positive or negative? Is your language towards others and yourself negative or positive?

Next, you switch your attitude. Instead of complaining, start being grateful for the big and small things in your life. If you are reading this, then you woke up this morning. And that’s pretty amazing, because there are many people in this world who didn’t.

Right now, you’ve been given another day to do something incredible with your life. Don’t waste it.

One last thing: nothing happens until you and only you take action. You must take that first step towards change. Your action step this week is to start listening to how you talk to yourself and others. For every negative thing you say or think, you must follow it with something positive.

Example: you look in the mirror and you immediately say “I hate the way my nose looks.” Stop. Look at yourself and then say one thing you do love about yourself.

I can and I will. Watch me.

Tanya Fraser, RHN is your local holistic nutritionist and personal trainer who has a No. 1 health podcast on iTunes. Visit Tanya at her virtual home at tanyafraser.ca and say hello.

Good health begins with attitude and awareness

Opinion May 30, 2015 by Tanya Fraser Norfolk News

I can and I will. Watch me.

I can and I will. Watch me.

This is a mantra I get many of my clients to begin saying – well, not only saying, but believing.

Hey, how’s it going? I would like to introduce myself. I’m Tanya Fraser, a registered holistic nutritionist (RHN) and a personal trainer, and I’m located right here in Norfolk (I’m a newbie actually, arrived here less than a year ago).

I just love food, nutrition, wellness, food, health and food. Yes, my name is Tanya Fraser and I’m a foodie!

My passion is sharing my knowledge about healthy living, giving you hope for something better; to support, motivate and sometimes give you the arse kicking you need to get your health back on track. (And yes, I said arse. I’m originally from Ireland, I can get away with it.)

I’m a true believer in attitude, the law of attraction, karma, whatever you want to call it. What you put out into the world, you will get back. It’s really that simple – 90 per cent of the time. The other 10 per cent is luck.

Henry Ford has been quoted as saying, “Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t, you’re right.” I just love that. If you immediately tell yourself you can’t do something, or it’s too hard, or you don’t know how, then you are 100 per cent right: you’ll never do it, it is too hard and you’ll never find a way.

But the moment you tell yourself, “Yes, I can and I will, watch me,” the doors of possibilities, dreams and goals swing wide open.

Let me bring it back to health. I repeat this over and over on my podcast and I will probably repeat this in my columns: you and only you are responsible for your own health and happiness. It is no one’s responsibility but yours.

If you put that responsibility onto anyone else, then you are setting yourself up for the opposite to happen: you won’t have great health and you won’t be happy.

Do you want better health? Then it all begins with your attitude and awareness.

First, you have to be aware of your mindset. Are you positive or negative? Is your language towards others and yourself negative or positive?

Next, you switch your attitude. Instead of complaining, start being grateful for the big and small things in your life. If you are reading this, then you woke up this morning. And that’s pretty amazing, because there are many people in this world who didn’t.

Right now, you’ve been given another day to do something incredible with your life. Don’t waste it.

One last thing: nothing happens until you and only you take action. You must take that first step towards change. Your action step this week is to start listening to how you talk to yourself and others. For every negative thing you say or think, you must follow it with something positive.

Example: you look in the mirror and you immediately say “I hate the way my nose looks.” Stop. Look at yourself and then say one thing you do love about yourself.

I can and I will. Watch me.

Tanya Fraser, RHN is your local holistic nutritionist and personal trainer who has a No. 1 health podcast on iTunes. Visit Tanya at her virtual home at tanyafraser.ca and say hello.